Music video: Beyoncé - Diva



I see Beyoncé ran with the key staples of the "Single ladies (Put a ring on it)" video. I should've known Beyoncé wouldn't be able to come original twice in a row. I thought the video for this hood garbage song would be decent. Boy, was I off the mark. The video looked budget, like her 5 year old nephew shot it for a school project.

The whole video just made me laugh. I wasn't sure whether Beyoncé was swaggin' in seriousness or in jest. The way Beyoncé was steppin' at the 1:13 mark when the lights went out was pretty sad (and funny). She looked a fool. Thrashing her weave in the dark and steppin' like she's workin' the hottest step the game has ever seen. The whole video was just a joke. It would've looked better if it were in colour too. "Single ladies (put a ring on it)" was a video that could've only worked in black and white. But "Diva" should've been in colour.

I'm ashamed to admit this "Diva" song garbage is growing on me. It's one of those songs which is so rubbish that I like it. I won't lie to any of you: when I hear this song in a club, I lean to it...just a little.

Comments

  1. I can't even watch this video all the way through. She could have at least made the video decent, but I guess it's fitting...crap song, crap video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't stop laughing at the way Beyoncé steps at the 1:13 mark when the lights go out. She actually thinks her step is the hottest step to grace the game ever. And that it's so good we can't see her do it in no good light. *lol*

    The only good thing I can say about the video is that she look hot. She was killin' the look she was rocking when she's with the fluorescent tube lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song is going to be number 1 in the US , you'll see!
    Agree with :"She was killin' the look she was rocking when she's with the fluorescent tube lights" couldnt say it better myself.

    I like the song now

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know who would KILL this song with the dancing? Ciara! She would SHUT THIS DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciara definitely would've killed it with the dancing. Ciara probably would've pulled this song off better too as it goes. I can stomach Ciara dropping these stupid hood anthems, but not Beyoncé. Not when she can actually sing and is capable of actual substance. Songs which the likes of "Halo" and "Smash into you" prove.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed