Ailee sings the shit out of some Whitney

Ailee performs Whitney Houston's 'The greatest love of all' | Live performance

Vocal talent is not something we strongly associate with K-Pop. And when I mean vocal talent, I do not mean just about hold a (auto) tune and scream a note at the end of a song and have a n***a reverb and echo that shit to make you sound a bit better. I'm talking actual vocal talent that makes you sit the f**k down. Ailee is one such chick. This girl ran circles around Whitney's "The greatest love of all". Not just any chick can tackle a Whitney classic, but Ailee combed a wig with this.

Somebody needs to e-mail a link of this video to Jennifer Hudson with the subject line: This made your shit at the Grammys look like a weight watched flop.


Ailee was having to sing real loud to drown the sound of Whitney shouting at crack angels to let her ass back down to the world of the living so that she can (attempt to) upstage her.

Ailee's performance lacked the heart and feeling of Whitney's version, because she seemed hell bent of throwing in gymnastics and belting every other note. But she gave vocals. I kept expecting her to f**k up or struggle at least once, but she held it down. Black vocals. At this time of writing the YouTube video has 8 dislikes. Probably each from a member of Girls' generation. Taeyeon is a jealous hoe and she hates black women. So she must hate Ailee and probably threw a Hanbok house party when she heard the news about Whitney.

Comments

  1. Now THIS is a tribute!!! Her voice is so powerful. There is black in there somewhere. LOL (a joke)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She reminds me of Hwayobi, but more powerful voice. I'd like Hwayobi to sing something also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was NOT expecting that! I was listening and having a fit over how epic it was! the best tribute to Whitney so far, she went innnnnnN!!!! #EARGASM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ailee keeps on surprising me. She delivered near perfect vocals with her debut single for every performance, and I kept expecting her to f*ck up around the bridge section, but each and every time she nailed it. I will admit that her debut single Heaven is a Halo Copy, but I still like it.

    She did a good job with this performance, and I love the shade thrown at Girls Generation. I Want that Girls Generation stan that was hounding me on the Miss A thread and demeaning my opinion for calling Taeyeon's voice mediocre to watch this performance and take a seat. THIS is having a good voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...

    *takes off wig and throws it on the floor*


    This chick sang the SHIT out of Whitney's song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is more than a good voice, this is an absolutely stunning voice! While I agree that Whitney has more emotion, Ailee is so powerful and still quite emotionally charged that I was left in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was actually starting to tear up. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has a strong voice but I think this is getting overrated. I don't particularly think there's anything special about her tone and and her voice (on this song, never heard anything else from her) left me kinda cold. I basically felt nothing. Really good voice but there are millions of them on youtube.

    Say what you will about Jennifer Hudson's tribute (which was clearly thrown together last minute) but it at least had some emotion and felt real.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Junlee, I wouldn't go as far to say that there are millions of good voices like hers on Youtube. Most of the youtube singers are just okay. I will say that she delivered in terms of pitch perfect vocals and power, but I do have to agree that her performance lacked an emotional connection to the song. For some reason, I find that a lot of artists with big , powerful voices tend to focus on vocal acrobatics instead of putting emotion into what they're singing. Artists who are perfect examples of this are Leona Lewis and Mariah Carey (more so Leona). Leona has a great voice, but she fails to inject any emotion into the words she singing.

    I don't see anything wrong with J-Hud's performance. We all know she can go all out with the belting, and she was CLEARLY emotionally distraught during the performance; she really looked as though she was going to burst into tears at any moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alicia Keys is pretty even if she's black... hahahaha taeyeon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I might have exaggerated with the "millions" remark, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here, she sings "Only Night Only" Jennifer Hudson version.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmpgSuYHPNA&feature=related

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed