Music video: Namie Amuro - Sexy girl



I hated this song at first, but I really like it now. But as much as I like this song I wish Namie had given us more. Especially seeing as Namie had come with something so fresh and funky before with "Rock steady".

I was expecting a lot more for the video too. It looks like a cross between the "Black diamond" and "What a feeling?" music videos. But for what it is it's cool: the dancing is decent and Namie looks fly. But I do wish she'd stop looking so cold and disconnected. There were moments in the video where she looked dead in the eyes - like she had no soul. Perhaps that's part of her allure. It's kept me a fan for over 5 years, so I guess it must be.

"Sexy girl" is to feature on Namie's 'Best of' album which features a collection of her more recent singles titled Best fiction - which is released on July 30.

Comments

  1. That's precisely her appeal for me - that "coldness" as you call it. Coupled with her cool moves it's way more sexy than the ones that flog sexuality overtly. Much more alluring this way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed