Music video: Rihanna - Disturbia



The forehead looks pretty hot, but I found the video to be a bit boring. Okay, that's me being generous. The video bored me flat out. Rihanna barely moves in it. She's able to look hot, but her physicality and movements leave much to be desired. There was no swagger from her in this video. She should've been gyrating and selling every shot, but she didn't. The magazine cover poses got old after the first minute. The likes of classic Britney and Madonna would've done wonders with a treatment like this, because they know how to use their physicality to sell a shot. Rihanna still has to work on that. But one wonders if after 3 whirlwind years in the game she'll ever get better at it.

I have to admit that the song "Disturbia" has grown on me a great deal. It wouldn't surprise me if she got another #1 hit in the UK with it. It's a shame Def Jam didn't feel the likes of "Don't stop the music", "Breakin' dishes'" and "Sell me candy" were worthy of hot videos and worldwide releases as singles.

Comments

  1. Kinda weird and creepy video, and I haven't even heard of this song! I guess I don't keep up with "the forehead" like you do, LOL!

    I like it, it's catchy as hell!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed